SNF (UK) Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This Policy will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Please use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this policy.
- Important information and who we are
- The data we collect about you
- How your personal data is collected
- How we use your information/personal data
- Internal transfers and third party disclosure
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- Your legal rights
Purpose of this policy
This policy aims to give you information on how SNF (UK) Ltd collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you:
- Register for new products or services offered through it
- Provide information by filling in forms on our website
- Provide information at the time of registering to use our website
- Subscribe to our products and services
- Post material or requesting further products and services
- Report a problem on our website:
- if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence
- your name, address, telephone number, email address
- any other information which you supply to us
It is important that you read this policy together with any privacy notices or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This policy supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
SNF (UK) Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (referred to as the Company in this policy).
The Company have appointed a Data protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this policy. If you have any questions about this policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below:
Name: Ian Waterhouse, Finance & Projects Director
Address: 1 Redhall Crescent, Wakefield WF1 2DF
Telephone: 01924 311000
The Company are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, our registration number is Z6880958.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact the Company in the first instance.
Changes to the policy and your duty to inform us of changes
The data protection law in the UK changed on 25 May 2018. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data may include first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you without your consent (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If you have previously provided special categories of personal data this has been/will be securely destroyed in line with the data retention requirement or removed on request by contacting us.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you.
- Apply for our products or services
- Subscribe to our service or publications
- Request marketing to be sent to you
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey
- Provide us with feedback
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
How we may also use your information:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To audit the usage of our website
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us
- For training purposes, quality assurance or to record details about the products and services you order from us
- To satisfy and meet our legal and regulatory requirements
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our products and services
Click [here] to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Marketing only takes place to current SNF (UK) Ltd customers using the contact details you provided to us.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.